4 POSTPARTUM CORE EXERCISES FOR A PRE-BUB BOD!
So you’ve had a baby. Huge congrats! But did you know you can get your pre-baby body back? Yes, you really can – thanks to specific, targeted, smart postpartum exercise training. Research has demonstrated that you can start that ‘pre-baby body’ exercise after pregnancy as soon as you feel ready. It’s not only good for your health and your body’s shape, but also the perfect way to attack postpartum depression before it ever gets the chance to take hold.
But first, a warning: Don’t get started if you’re bleeding, particularly sore, suffering from headaches and other symptoms either before or after starting your program of exercise after pregnancy.
DO WAIST TRAINERS HELP POSTPARTUM?
You can support the process of getting your pre-pregnancy body back by wearing a postpartum waist trainer during your routine. Using cloth or wraps to compress the waist area after childbirth is a widespread practice in traditional cultures dating back centuries. Hispanic mothers used their Faja to help weight loss and toning post pregnancy, while Japanese mothers wore their Sarashi for support. These traditional methods have evolved into what we know the modern day latex waist trainers and sweat belts.
With that said, let’s get into the best postpartum core exercises that should help you recapture your pre-baby bod in no time.
TOP POSTPARTUM EXERCISES
It may seem mild and lacking glamour, but don’t dismiss it. In fact, walking is perhaps the very best postpartum exercise of all, and – better still – the easiest and simplest.
- Take it easy
- Build up extra pace over time
- Don’t be shy of a ‘power walk’
- Bring the baby for some super-helpful ballast!
To spice it up a little and spread the benefits across your body and muscles, do some backwards, sideways and zig-zag walking too.
2. DEEP BELLY BREATHING
If you’re still too sore to do any serious post pregnancy workouts, this is one you can do no matter what state you’re in. Not only does deep belly breathing chill out your muscles, but it also gets your abs and belly in the mood for some toning.
- Sit upright
- Draw in air deeply from the diaphragm
- Contract your abs and hold them tight during inhalation
- … and then relax
- Increase the contraction period over time.
3. HEAD/SHOULDER LIFTS + CURLS
You might not think it, but strengthening your back muscles is as important a key to getting that pre-bub body back than other postpartum core exercises targeting the tummy and abs specifically.
- Lay on your back
- Bend your knees with your feet flat
- Relax your belly and inhale
- Exhale and lift your head off the floor
- Inhale and lower head back down.
- Same position as head lifts
- Relax your body and inhale
- Exhale whilst lifting your head & shoulders
- Reach your hands to your knees.
- Same position
- Lift up torso off floor
- With your hands, touch your knees and hold for 3 seconds
- Lower yourself down and repeat
- Exhale when exercising, inhale to relax.
4. PELVIC TILT
This one’s all about the tummy – and it’s great for that all-too-common postpartum back pain.
- Get on all fours
- Keep arms straight from the shoulder down
- Touch palms on the floor
- Don’t arch your back
- Inhale whilst pulling your butt forward
- Tilt your pelvis and rotate your pubic bone upwards
- Hold for 1-2-3 and relax.
WAIST TRAINERS AUSTRALIA CAN HELP!
Remember, you can pair any and all of this postpartum exercise regime with actually wearing your properly fitted modern waist trainer product. Here at Waist Trainers Australia, we’re dedicated to helping new mums like you get your pre-bub body back with the help of our innovative, super-quality waist training garments that deliver science-backed results. Need some help? Checkout our waist trainer sizes or get in touch with our friendly team today.
WAIST TRAINERS & SWEAT BELTS